We all love playing "fetch" with our dogs at the park or beach, but sticks have the penetrating properties of an arrow and can be lethal. Stick related injuries can range from minor scratches to impalement. Sticks can easily pierce the skin and when grabbed by the dog, they can potentially penetrate all the way through to the oesophagus or major blood vessels in the neck.
Kong have just released a really funky "SAFESTIX" which is a much safer option for your fun in the sun this summer, and we have them in stock at the clinic.
This summer, to keep your dog safe and reduce the risk of stick related injuries, be prepared:
After all, you wouldn't shoot an arrow at your dog, so why would you throw a stick?